intro and vernal pools

  • Metric Marker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hello,

      Just picked up the common dragonflies of CA pocketguide by Kathy Biggs, and
      later visited the website. My interest in dragonflies is multifaceted (like
      their beautiful eyes), especially with organic gardening ponds, how to
      create miniwetlands within an organic garden, providing habitat for these
      beneficial insects..

      Also of importance to me is the dragonflies role in the remaining Central
      Valley seasonal wetlands, vernal pool habitat. There are at least 15
      endangered plants and animals, including the vernal pool fairy shrimp,
      Branchinecta lynchii, and Butte County Meadowfoam, Limnanthes floccossa.
      Odonata play a vital part and are also dependant on these unique habitatas..

      http://vernalpools.org/