Third edition of Dragonflies of North America - expected in a few months

  • IORI
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012

      Finally announcing the new edition of  DRAGONFLIES OF NORTH AMERICA by James G. Needham, Minter J. Westfall, Jr., & Michael L. May, including numerous additions and corrections for all the currently known species of North American dragonflies (Anisoptera) from Alaska to northern Mexico and the Greater Antilles. The text is completely revised, with keys, figures and drawings for all the species (including larvae) known as of  2012; as well as, updated checklist to all species, a bibliography, glossary, distribution table, and index.

      The projected date for the next edition is January, 2013. The list price according to the publisher is estimated to be $130,00. Advance orders are be taken now with FREE S&H for $130 US deliveries, $142 Canada & Mexico, $152.00 elsewhere. (includes S&H). Florida residents must add 6.25% sales tax.

      ALSO: I have back issues of some Odonatologica for sale. Goto the web site below and look under books and supplies. e-mail me your needs list.

      I have about 25 copies left of Sid Dunkle’s “Dragonflies Though Binoculars” for $12.00 each (includes S&H) to US addresses, slightly higher for foreign addresses.

      All funds are US and must be PAID IN ADVANCE by check or money order made payable to "International Odonata Research Institute" or I.O.R.I. All profits will go to the International Odonata Research Institute.

      VISA/MC CARD ORDERS use PAYPAL to pay online: Only 3% surcharge (use the formula X/. 97) [email your order to iodonata@... and you will be reverse billed though your email – Paypal account is not necessary using this method] Or Send Check (US funds only) to: I.O.R.I. % 4525 NW 53RD LN Gainesville, Fl 32653 USA, Attn: Bill Mauffray

      Bill Mauffray

      International Odonata Research Institute

      4525 NW 53RD LN

      Gainesville FL 32653

      352-219-3141 cell

      iodonata@...