Blue-eyed Darner - Sonoma County - 11/14/12

  • Alan Wight
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2012
    I had nice looks at a perched male Blue-eyed Darner today (11/14/12) in
    northern Santa Rosa. I was able to see the appendages and T-spot quite
    well. This may be a new late record for Sonoma County. I believe the
    previous late record was 10/15/98 based on Kathy's Sonoma County spreadsheet
    from 2011.

    Alan Wight

    Petaluma, CA
  • Alan Wight
    Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2012
      I saw another late male Blue-eyed Darner today (11/15/12) at the Agilent
      Technologies site on Fountaingrove Parkway, Santa Rosa, Sonoma County.

      Here's a photo (taken with my iPhone):
      http://www.sonic.net/~shwand/odonata/blue_eyed_darner_0262.jpg

      Alan Wight
      Petaluma, CA