[Fwd: photo donations for ARKive?]

  • bigsnest@sonic.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2011
    I'm forwarding this great idea to the group.
    Cheers!!
    Kathy

    Subject: photo donations for ARKive?
    From: "Koen Breedveld" <Koen@...>
    Date: Thu, February 24, 2011 10:21 am
    To: "Kathy &/or Dave Biggs" <bigsnest@...>

    Hi Kathy,

    I am wondering if some of the CalOdes folks would be interested in
    providing/donating some of their wonderful Odonate photographs to ARKive.š
    This organization is trying to graphically document all species, currently
    especially special status species, from all over the world.š If anyone is
    interested they can get much more information on their website:
    www.arkive.org .š

    ARKive's Eleanor Sans, with whom I have been in contact with, recently
    sent me a list of California invertebrates that she is interested in (see
    attachment).š Many of them are Odes, so I thought you and the CalOdes
    list.š If people are interested in donating photographs of species on this
    list, they can email Eleanor ( eleanor.sans@... ).š She will
    then email them a link to upload photos so they can be put on the ARKive
    website.š

    The ARKive folks are doing a wonderful job creating their website and they
    would be very appreciative of any photos.

    At any rate, check out the ARKive website.š

    Thanks for your help!

    Koen

    Koen G. H. Breedveld

    Spring Rivers Ecological Sciences, LLC

    koen@... <mailto:koen@...> ¡
    www.springrivers.com <http://www.springrivers.com/>

    P.O. Box 153

    21541 Cassel Road

    Cassel, CA 96016

    Ph. 530.335.5446 ¡ Fax 530.335.4591
  • Paul Johnson
    Message 2 of 2 , Feb 24, 2011
      That's a very odd list, or else I'm missing something.  It has no flies, beetles, moths, or butterflies, even though there are numerous special status species in those taxa. And then it lists Odes that are fairly common.

      Tule bluet?  Really?

      I'll email Eleanor to see what's up.

      Paul