Skip to search.

Re: [CalOdes] Odonata - rare and plentiful

  • Ed Whisler
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2010
    Hi Kathy and others: The good news is that you have a foot in the door now.  You have no obligation to find a GIS person to perform the work though.  You might get hold of a copy of a 7.5 minute topographic map and map the Odonata resources that you consider sensitive.

    Only one Odonata species is on CDFG's special animals list (2009) in the entire state of California, the San Francisco Forktail Damselfly.  None are on the BLM list for California species.  See the attached publications.  So the State and Federal special-status species lists won't be of much help for this project.

    I suggest you call and talk to Mr. Weigand to see how you can help.  But also persist on your concerns about the specific location that is being trashed.

    Ed Whisler
    Davis, CA