Sonoma County

  • Kathy &/or Dave Biggs
    Message 1 of 88 , Apr 2, 2010
      Yesterday during a break in the weather at our Sebastopol home:
      California Darner - 1 flew around the yard and pond
      Yay!
      Kathy

      Kathy and Dave Biggs bigsnest@... 707-823-2911
      308 Bloomfield Rd. Sebastopol, CA 95472

      dba Azalea Creek Publishing azalea@... fax:707-823-2911
    • Kathy & Dave Biggs
      Message 88 of 88 , Nov 10, 2014

      November 10, 2014

      Sonoma County

      Kathy & Dave Biggs

      Copeland Creek @ Lichau Rd. This is a known site for Great Spreadwings and after no Odes for 2 wks, I needed a ‘fix’.

      We arrived at 2:20 & it wasn’t until 2:35 that we finally found one.

      In fact, it was almost an identical experience to when Sandra Hunt-von Arb and I went there in September: we were leaving when a female showed up, and then another. No males or other species were seen.

      Great Spreadwing – 2-3 females, 2 f photographed. One appeared to be teneral (or at least very young - her wings still had that sheen - see 2nd image)

      --
      California Dragonflies www.sonic.net/dragonfly