Sonoma County

  • Kathy &/or Dave Biggs
    Message 1 of 100 , Apr 2, 2010
      Yesterday during a break in the weather at our Sebastopol home:
      California Darner - 1 flew around the yard and pond
      Yay!
      Kathy

      Kathy and Dave Biggs bigsnest@... 707-823-2911
      308 Bloomfield Rd. Sebastopol, CA 95472

      dba Azalea Creek Publishing azalea@... fax:707-823-2911
    • Kathy Biggs
      Message 100 of 100 , Jun 15

        I got to meet Doug Karalun who is leading our San Bernardino Blitz yesterday.

        We followed Alan Wight's route from last week and got him his 2 desired species:

        Exclamation Damsel - 1 male where Blutcher Creek crosses Bloomfield Rd.(the nursery was closed or we'd have gone there)

        San Francisco Forktail - 1 male next to Stormy's Tavern in Bloomfield Creek. Another along this creek where it passes under Valley Ford Rd.

        Also seen there - Cardinal Meadowhawk, darner sp.,, Western Forktail

        Also looked at another site ~ half mile north of there where Tim Manolis and I had seen them before. Found another male SF Forktail at the site by a farmhouse.

        At the site where Alan found them about a mile south of Bloomfield, where Estero Americana Ck passes under Valley Ford Rd, we found about 15 SF Forktails.

        I think Doug got some good photos!!

        Cheers!!

        Kathy