Ode diversity sites

  • Kathy &/or Dave Biggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hello all,

      I've been working on lists of sites with great Ode diversity.
      Here's a list of the sites that I've come up with so far (sort of surprising!).
      But surely I've missed some sites. If you think you know of a site with more than 30 species recorded at it, please let me know.
      Of course, I'd prefer that you make the list as I'm going cross-eyed at this point!!
      I'll post the lists in the CalOdes files section soon....

      Cheers!!
      Kathy

      High Ode diversity sites in California

      Site name & CountyGPS# speciescomments

      1Pine Flat Rd., Sonoma 45*have list of species; *2 additional species seen on nearby Russian River

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere : BLACK PETATAIL

      2Bear Creek, Colusa 44have chart of species seen and months in which seen

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Giant Darner

      3Willow Lake, Plumas 38have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere:  SEDGE SPRITE, Taiga Bluet, Canada Darner, Chalk-fronted Corporal, Belted Whiteface, Autumn Meadowhawk

      4Fairfield Osborn Preserve, Sonoma 35have chart of species seen by months

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: none

      5Gumboot Lake, Siskiyou 35have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: BLACK PETALTAIL, Ringed Emerald, Chalk-fronted Corporal

      6Shasta River, Siskiyou 34have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: River Jewelwings, Swift Forktail

      7Imperial Dam area, Imperial 32have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Double-striped Bluet, Citrine Forktail, Russet-tipped & Brimstone Clubtails, Plateau Dragonlet, Marl Pennant,

      Striped Saddlebags

      8Dos Palmas, RiversideN33.50916 W-115.8269732have chart of species seen and months in which seen

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Paiute, Powdered, & Blue-ringed Dancers, Desert, Citrine & Rambur's Forktails,  Red-tailed Pennant,

      Bleached Skimmer, Marl Pennant, Roseate Skimmer, Mexican Amberwing

      9Ash Creek,  Lassen 31have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: River Jewelwing, River Bluet

      10DeChambeau Ponds, Mono 29have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Alkali Bluet, Desert Forktail, Bleached Skimmer, Desert Whitetail

      11Modoc NWR, Modoc 29have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Alkali Bluet, Cherry-faced Meadowhawk

      12Bidwell State Park, 28have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: none

      13Orr Lake, Siskiyou 28have list of species

      species of CONCERN or unusual elsewhere: Cherry-faced Meadowhawk