  • Ray Bruun
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hello everyone,

      The family and I just got back from a fast trip by car to northwest Washington state to attend my nieces wedding (can she/I really be that old?). The dragonfly report is sort of skimpy, but here goes:

      *******
      Saturday, 8/31/02, near city of Bellingham, Whatcom County, WA
      Shadow Darner, female - 1 laying eggs in soggy stump (captured and photographed)
      Lake Darner, male - 1 (captured and photographed**pretty certain on ID; the only other one I considered was Canada Darner)
      Common Spreadwing - several
      Tule Bluet - several

      *******
      Saturday, 8/31/02, near town of Alger, Skagit County, WA
      Aeshna darners - probably a half dozen individuals at a pond next to the grassy lawn where the wedding took place (really should have brought the net to the wedding)
      Striped Meadowhawk (pretty certain) - 1

      *******
      Monday, 9/2/02, state park along Rogue River north of Medford, Jackson County, OR
      Blue-eyed Darner - 1+
      Variegated Meadowhawk - 1
      Tule Bluet - several

      *******
      Monday, 9/2/02, Klamath River rest area north of Yreka, Siskiyou County, CA
      Vivid Dancer - many single and in wheel along river bank
      No dragonflies, which surprised me

      That's all folks,

      Ray Bruun
      Shingletown, CA

    • chris heaivilin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
        > Saturday, 8/31/02, near town of Alger, Skagit County, WA
        > Aeshna darners - probably a half dozen individuals at a pond next
        > to the grassy lawn where the wedding took place (really should have
        > brought the net to the wedding)

        THE VEIL MAN! USE THE VEIL! Sorry. I'll be quiet now.