Fresno Co.

  • Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      All,

      I had a chance to get back to Cantua Creek and Arroyo
      Leona in extreme western Fresno County (private
      property). I was working, so I couldn't devote much
      time to Odes. But I did add gray sanddragon to the
      site list (saw 3) and a new locality for giant darner
      (a male and female in Arroyo Leona, about 7 miles from
      the site on Cantua Creek where I recorded the county
      record last year. This was also different habitat: a
      small, rocky stream with a steeper gradient than other
      sites where I've seen the species. Perhaps with the
      creek levels low, the giants' downstream sites are too
      low for their needs.)

      Paul

      Paul