Sightings outside of CA

  • Kathy &/or Dave Biggs
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2005
      Hello All,

      Doug Aguillard is the owner of this CalOdes group and it is his decision
      not to allow discussions of trips outside of CA for this group.

      But I'd like to let everyone know that I, personally, would LOVE to hear
      about any trips you make within the western USA, Mexico and Canada, esp.
      if you took photos! Please send your reports to me at bigsnest@...
      .

      I'd like to see those of us Californians who are interested in the Odes
      sharing as much knowledge as possible with
      each other about these fascinating insects, and I'd like to encourage
      their study though out the world. There is still much to be learned
      about the Odonata. A forum for World Wide Odonata discussions does
      exist. Dennis Paulson is the host and the site is "Odonata discussion
      group" <odonata-l@...>.

      So, please continue to send me your reports from nearby areas, and if
      anyone else would like to get these reports, let me know and I can make
      up a little email group that I can forward such reports to.

      Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful that we have this CalOdes
      group where we can share,
      Kathy Biggs

      Kathy and Dave Biggs bigsnest@... 707-823-2911
      308 Bloomfield Rd. Sebastopol, CA 95472
    • Doug Aguillard
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2005
        CalOders,

        Please let me clarify my position. This is a California Dragonfly group. The
        area of concern is California. If you see something nearby California, then
        of course it should be open for discussion. I call this the "Dragonfly on
        the Fence syndrome". If you see something that would be new for California
        while in the Bill Williams Delta along the Colorado River in Nevada, a
        Striped Saddlebags along the Colorado River north of Yuma, Arizona (it's
        happen twice now), or a Lance-tipped Darner in the Lake of the Woods area of
        Oregon, then please tell us!, so that we can look for these new species in
        nearby California areas.

        There are other groups for other areas, and I just trying to keep us focused
        Sorry if I've offended anyone.

        Douglas Aguillard
        San Diego County, CA
        doug@...
        http://sdbirds.basiclink.com

        Doug Aguillard is the owner of this CalOdes group and it is his decision
        not to allow discussions of trips outside of CA for this group.

        But I'd like to let everyone know that I, personally, would LOVE to hear
        about any trips you make within the western USA, Mexico and Canada, esp.
        if you took photos! Please send your reports to me at bigsnest@...
        ..

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/BCYolB/TM