South Eastern Deserts

  • Doug Aguillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2004
      Of course, the weather people lied again. They said the local deserts would be in the low 70's and sunny. Well it was in the 60's and little sun today. I went out to Imperial County in search of late dates.

      At West Pond, next to the Imperial Dam, I did have large numbers of Rambur's Forktails, in both green, blue and the immature red forms.

      At Holtville, I had 2 Familiar Bluets, and 2 Rambur's Forktails.

      I also had a Dragonfly do a flyby at the Sonny Bono National Wildlife Refuge, but couldn't tell what it was.

      Doug Aguillard
      San Diego, CA
      doug@...