Redding Odes

  • Raymond Bruun
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      After all the storms and the cold weather, I was surprised to see a half
      dozen Striped Meadowhawks near the mouth of Sulphur Creek just north of
      the Sundial Bridge in Redding. The stripeds were in an area about 30 or
      40 feet across. They were chasing each other around like it was high
      summer. There were also a number of Pipevine Swallows and a Cabbage White
      or two in some nearby flowerbeds.

      Ray Bruun
      Shingletown/Redding
      bruun@...
    • Ray Bruun
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2007
        Hi all,

        Did some photographing this afternoon. Pix are up.

        Part 1 -- http://bruunphotography.com/redding_1_050407.html
        Part 2 -- http://bruunphotography.com/redding_2_050407.html

        Regards,

        Ray Bruun
        Shingletown, Shasta County, CA
        bruun@...
      • Ray Bruun
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
          Hi all,

          I spent part of yesterday (9/16) chasing odes along three creeks in
          Redding. Not a whole lot flying . . . but got my first ever Aztec Dancer.

          Common Green Darner - common
          Flame Skimmer - 1
          Western Pondhawk - 2
          Variegated Meadowhawk - common