Re: another new guy

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
      David,

      ....Ialso understand that 460 headers [with caddy head flanges welded
      on] fit the Ford truck chassis well.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "drf252"
      <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
      > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
      > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
      > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
      >

      > david f
    • drf252
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
        Dave,
        do you know if the universal motor mount kit from the cad
        company is worth it or is it easier to make my own?

        David

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
          David,

          Not to me, it's not. I'm a metal worker by trade though. There
          are several styles of rubber factory mounts. I'd pick whichever
          looks best suited to whatever design of fabricated frame mount
          you need to span between the rubber mounts and your frame.
          Dave