1987 Deville 4.1 performance enhancements???

  • davwin13
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2004
      I recently was given a 1987 SDV from my uncle who has owned it
      from day one. This car has only 82000, but had a new motor put in
      at 41000. I need recommendations on suspension and if possible,
      increasing power. I do not want to put a 4.5 motor swap, I want to
      keep the car as original as possible. I've owned a 86 CDV with
      144000 miles on it and it had much more power(with same motor) than
      the one I have now. Any suggestions on aftermarket parts, or just
      any parts that may need to be replaced to restore power would be
      helpful. Also, the cad sags in the rear and the front end rides
      rough on roads and freeway. I remember being driven in this car 5
      years ago and you could not feel the road. One of the smoothest
      rides I've ever felt. My 86 was the same way. I have the air
      suspension and I assume I have to replace the struts. Should I
      replace anything else, such as springs?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated from one cadillac
      enthusiast to all others.
      Cadillac Forever!