Re: another new guy

  • drf252
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
      Dave thanks for the info and ill keep everyone updated on how things
      go thanks.

      David f

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
        David,

        ....Ialso understand that 460 headers [with caddy head flanges welded
        on] fit the Ford truck chassis well.

        <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
        > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
        > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
        > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
        >

        > david f
      • drf252
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
          Dave,
          do you know if the universal motor mount kit from the cad
          company is worth it or is it easier to make my own?

          David

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
            David,

            Not to me, it's not. I'm a metal worker by trade though. There
            are several styles of rubber factory mounts. I'd pick whichever
            looks best suited to whatever design of fabricated frame mount
            you need to span between the rubber mounts and your frame.