Re: another new guy

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
      David,

      The front sump pan should work for you, but fwiw - I like to add a
      couple of inches to any pan to add some oil [must use a modified
      pickup tube too].

      I'd fashion the trans cross member first, then level the engine side
      to side, then center the fan in your Ford rad shroud and build the
      engine mounts.
      Good luck.
      Dave

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "drf252"
      <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
      > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
      > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
      > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
      >

      > david f
    • drf252
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
        Dave thanks for the info and ill keep everyone updated on how things
        go thanks.

        David f

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
          David,

          ....Ialso understand that 460 headers [with caddy head flanges welded
          on] fit the Ford truck chassis well.

          <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
          > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
          > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
          > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
          >

          > david f
        • drf252
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
            Dave,
            do you know if the universal motor mount kit from the cad
            company is worth it or is it easier to make my own?

            David

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
              David,

              Not to me, it's not. I'm a metal worker by trade though. There
              are several styles of rubber factory mounts. I'd pick whichever
              looks best suited to whatever design of fabricated frame mount
              you need to span between the rubber mounts and your frame.