another new guy

  • drf252
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
      hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap a
      500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
      how hard this swap is let me know thanks

      david f
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
        David,

        The front sump pan should work for you, but fwiw - I like to add a
        couple of inches to any pan to add some oil [must use a modified
        pickup tube too].

        I'd fashion the trans cross member first, then level the engine side
        to side, then center the fan in your Ford rad shroud and build the
        engine mounts.
        Good luck.
        Dave

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "drf252"
        <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
        > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
        > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
        > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
        >

        > david f
      • drf252
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2004
          Dave thanks for the info and ill keep everyone updated on how things
          go thanks.

          David f

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "david

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2004
            David,

            ....Ialso understand that 460 headers [with caddy head flanges welded
            on] fit the Ford truck chassis well.

            <davidfuentes252@e...> wrote:
            > hi everyone just another new guy here and of course i plan to swap
            > 500 or a 472 into my 71 ford pickup so if any one has any advice on
            > how hard this swap is let me know thanks
            >

            > david f
          • drf252
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2004
              Dave,
              do you know if the universal motor mount kit from the cad
              company is worth it or is it easier to make my own?

              David

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 8, 2004
                David,

                Not to me, it's not. I'm a metal worker by trade though. There
                are several styles of rubber factory mounts. I'd pick whichever
                looks best suited to whatever design of fabricated frame mount
                you need to span between the rubber mounts and your frame.