Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: parts 500ci

  • Steven Critchfield
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2003
      On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 16:47, timiacobucci wrote:
      > I don't usppose you know the condition of the a/c components at all
      > or if you ever saw them functioning at one time? Still possibly
      > interested if the answer isn't what I would hope for.

      I'm pretty sure they functioned. I can put the battery back in the car
      tomorrow and see if it blows cold or not. I'm not fully sure the dash
      was fully hooked up.

      What all components are you interested in?

      Steven
    • Jacob Vogelpohl
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
        where are you located?  how are the seats?

        Steven Critchfield <yahoo@...> wrote:
        On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 16:47, timiacobucci wrote:
        > I don't usppose you know the condition of the a/c components at all
        > or if you ever saw them functioning at one time? Still possibly
        > interested if the answer isn't what I would hope for.

        I'm pretty sure they functioned. I can put the battery back in the car
        tomorrow and see if it blows cold or not. I'm not fully sure the dash
        was fully hooked up.

        What all components are you interested in?

        Steven

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Steven Critchfield
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
          I'm located in Nashville TN.

          The drivers seat seems pretty good. I think the power components may
          even work. The passenger seat is leaning at a weird angle, and I don't
          think I had any response from the power components. The back seat looks
          fine, and there was an extra rear seat with this car that I think has
          some cracks in it. All of them are white leather.

          If no one picks up the fenders, I'm going to use at least one of the
          rear seats to make a couch.

          Steven

          On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 07:51, Jacob Vogelpohl wrote:
          > where are you located? how are the seats?
          >
          > Steven Critchfield <yahoo@...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 16:47, timiacobucci wrote:
          > > I don't usppose you know the condition of the a/c components
          > at all
          > > or if you ever saw them functioning at one time? Still
          > possibly
          > > interested if the answer isn't what I would hope for.
          >
          > I'm pretty sure they functioned. I can put the battery back in
          > the car
          > tomorrow and see if it blows cold or not. I'm not fully sure
          > the dash
          > was fully hooked up.
          >
          > What all components are you interested in?
          >
          > Steven

          > Terms of Service.

          > Service.
        • timiacobucci
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
            It would be really cool if you could test it out, I guess I would
            really be interested in the entire system as I really don't know
            what parts I do and don't need. I am planning on trying to keep the
            a/c on a 85 monte carlo, I think I will probably be moving the evap
            core to fit the 500 anyways so rebuilding the entire section to use
            the eldo evap core may be the easiest option without trying to mix
            and match lines and fittings and all. If it isn't to much work to
            get apart/at the dash temp controls may also make wiring and all
            easier. I'm also not sure what type of system that is or what other
            parts there may be to it so if there is anything else i might be
            missing. Also how much do you think might want for this, I will
            obviously pay shipping but you must want something at least in
            return for tearing it all down and out. Oh also if the system is
            fully intact and functioning still I think aside from being illegal
            to vent the freon to the atmo it would be allot simpler for me to if
            it could be a (partly) bolt on job. I don't know how the mail would
            feel about shiping a charged system or if you can even get it all
            off without discharging it, but I thought it might be worth
            askingfor simplicity sake.
          • Steven Critchfield
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
              On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 22:09, timiacobucci wrote:
              > It would be really cool if you could test it out, I guess I would
              > really be interested in the entire system as I really don't know
              > what parts I do and don't need. I am planning on trying to keep the
              > a/c on a 85 monte carlo, I think I will probably be moving the evap
              > core to fit the 500 anyways so rebuilding the entire section to use
              > the eldo evap core may be the easiest option without trying to mix
              > and match lines and fittings and all. If it isn't to much work to
              > get apart/at the dash temp controls may also make wiring and all
              > easier. I'm also not sure what type of system that is or what other
              > parts there may be to it so if there is anything else i might be
              > missing. Also how much do you think might want for this, I will
              > obviously pay shipping but you must want something at least in
              > return for tearing it all down and out. Oh also if the system is
              > fully intact and functioning still I think aside from being illegal
              > to vent the freon to the atmo it would be allot simpler for me to if
              > it could be a (partly) bolt on job. I don't know how the mail would
              > feel about shiping a charged system or if you can even get it all
              > off without discharging it, but I thought it might be worth
              > askingfor simplicity sake.

              I wouldn't attempt to ship compressed. Not to mention I think some lines
              pass through the firewall and therefore wouldn't be able to be removed
              without opening the system.

              As for cost, as I have said before, I'm not interested in much, I have
              to pull some of these parts off anyway as I don't need the AC for my new
              project. I'm more interested in helping those who can use the parts. But
              to make you feel at ease and have a cap on cost for you, say $10 max +
              reasonable shipping if I get all the parts out without damage and they
              work.