Water Pump Removal 83 Cad HT4100

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2003
      Hi,

      I've been helping out my brother-inlaw with his 83 Cad HT4100 with a
      few things, right now he's in the middle of replacing the water pump,
      according to Chilton we had to remove the pulley on the power
      steering pump, which we did. Right now we see the last bolt which is
      behind the crank pulley, it seems like we have to remove that pulley
      also which Chilton made no mention of. Will we disrupt anything by
      removing the crank pulley? And at this point what would be the best
      way to remove it because there are no belts attached, so the pulley
      turns trying to remove the 4 bolts that attach it. We both thought it
      would be pretty easy changing the water pump...we thought wrong...any
      help would be greatly appreciated.

      Joe