Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Further comment on the "Can-Am Cadillac"

  • Steven Critchfield
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 16, 2003
      On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 23:35, Rick Thompson wrote:
      > the back brakes on an eldorado are disk and the calipers have cable
      > operated e-brakes. I just mounted the back calipers on the front rotors.
      > the wheels don't steer anymore so the cables can be ran more or less like
      > any other setup. the front and rear calipers are the same size so it was
      > easy to just bolt them on. I haven't ran the cables on mine yet but I
      > picked up one of those lokar emergency brake cable kits and it should be
      > pretty easy to do. I am probably not going to put the cables on till I get
      > a bit farther along in putting stuff together though.

      Thanks a lot. This will come in handy, and I still have the full
      Eldorado in the driveway so I can pick the brakes out before I send the
      rest of the car of to the junk yard.

      Looks like I need to go do a visual inspection of the rear of this Eldo.
      The parts store website lists drums on the back of the '73 and no disc
      parts for the rear. Maybe this is the trouble I run into when I get the
      benefit of the higher compression engine of the '73.