RE: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Only have half throttle

  • John Brody
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2003
      I had this problem, although slightly different -- the little bracket that holds the go pedal to the floorpan was loose, causing the pedal shaft to rotate sideways where it couldn't get as far away from the carb in a straight line.  I fixed it by tightening the bracket as much as I could and then bending the shaft a little bit so it could get all the way to WOT about when the pedal was flush with the floor.  That sounds like what you were planning to do anyway; I'd go ahead and do it.

      John

      Pollorey <philsfcs@...> wrote:
      Looks like you need to do something...BAD!

      Where is the pedal when the cable is pulled out at the carb?  Is it where it
      could still be used?  ....you could get your foot on it or is it way up in
      the air?  If it's "normal", try to adjust the connection at the engine.  If
      I recall, there should be an adjustment at the point where the outer sheath
      is attached to the fixed bracket.  You need to make the outer part of the
      cable, the sheath, as long as possible.  This will suck-in, shorten the
      cable proper.  You could also look to relocate the bracket, move it away
      from the carb (maybe it's bent towards the carb).  If there is an adjustment
      at the carb connection point, shorten it up.  Try to make the pedal action
      instant, as soon as you touch it, it should open the carb.  Ideally you want
      the pedal to reach the floor when the carb just gets to max opening (you
      don't want to shorten it so much that you're forcing the carb against open
      stops with the foot off the floor).  If the pedal is not too high with all
      the under hood adjustments taken up and you need more, you can try bending
      the pedal up.  Obviously the Qjet is acting as a 2 bbl!  Great on gas!  You
      could also try shortening the cable at the pedal connection.  Pull it back
      and clamp it with a small diameter cable clamp from a hardware store (the U
      clamp style).

            That's all I can think of......good luck