road speed and rpm

  • legayerabydavis56
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      i understand what your saying about gears and rpms .yes better gears
      and smaller tires would help im already using the smallest tire i
      can get that is e rated it is a 225/75/16 that are 29 inches tall the
      old tires on my truck were 800/16.5s that were 28 inches tall but
      nobody makes 28 inch tires that are e rated if i could find some it
      would put the rear gears back to 3.73 thats what came on my truck
      when it was new .the only gear ratio that i can get for my dana60 is
      3.54s but 3.54s with 29 inch tires makes my new ratio 3.66 not much
      difference for 1200.00 and where i live in tucumcari new mexico there
      are no dana 60s or dana70s for sale or trade .i may have to put in a
      chevy gasp puke dana 60 with 3.07s to 3.42s.chevy then i lose my
      posi and my full floater rear axle plus the chevy has lots smaller
      bearings and axles which means i have to tow at least 3 to 4 thousand
      pounds less which means i should get a stick of dynamite and blow up
      my truck and buy a 1/2 ton truck and tow mopeds oh well there goes my
      job that what i get for buying a fliped over rebuilt dodge