Re: turbo charging a 472 caddy

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2003
      legayerabydavis56,

      You can get 3.07-3.33 gears from Dana 60s in later vans. I've never
      heard of 3.85-1s in any year 60, btw. What is the tooth count?

      I suggest that you join the Yahoo groups, blowthruturbo, draw-thru
      and junkyardturbo [jyturbo]. Study [scan all the messages from #1,
      at each of those groups]. That'll give you an idea of what you'd be
      getting into. You would need very high quality exhaust valves, and
      perhaps even seats for heavy towing. Under extended heavy loads,
      those components will see extreme heat under boost.
      Dave