Re: MPG improvements on BB Caddy

  • sundyrse
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2002
      I can understand your need for fuel economy. In 1970, the BB really
      came alive! taken from the corvette and put into the Eldo. what a
      dream. Pass anything EXCEPT a gas station. I own a '70 Eldo. and with
      straight back exhaust, middle crossover and 2 1/2" pipes all the way
      back with Calif. turbos in between. This dream car can easily cruise
      85 mph all day and not hesitate once. I have the stock Rochester quad-
      jet carb. I can acheive 23 m.p.g. on freeway, and 17 m.p.g. in the
      cities. I am looking to better this. Where did you get your throttle
      bore injection system and what about headers? the stock exhaust
      manifold is old and tired. also very thin and I am afraid it will
      fall apart soon.
    • phoneman99a <phoneman99a@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2003
        I would also like to know where to buy a throttle body EFI
        conversion to replace the Quad.

        Giles

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "sundyrse"
      • plugers <plugers@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2003
          If any of you are electronically inclined, try this group:

          I have built one and will be using it on my 500 build up.
          Steve

          --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "phoneman99a
          <phoneman99a@y...>" <phoneman99a@y...> wrote:
          > I would also like to know where to buy a throttle body EFI
          > conversion to replace the Quad.
          >
          > Giles
          >
          > --- In
          Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "sundyrse"
          > <Sundyrse59@a...> wrote:
          > > I can understand your need for fuel economy. In 1970, the BB
          > really
          > > came alive! taken from the corvette and put into the Eldo. what
          > > dream. Pass anything EXCEPT a gas station. I own a '70 Eldo. and
          > with
          > > straight back exhaust, middle crossover and 2 1/2" pipes all the
          > way
          > > back with Calif. turbos in between. This dream car can easily
          > cruise
          > > 85 mph all day and not hesitate once. I have the stock Rochester
          > quad-
          > > jet carb. I can acheive 23 m.p.g. on freeway, and 17 m.p.g. in
          the
          > > cities. I am looking to better this. Where did you get your
          > throttle
          > > bore injection system and what about headers? the stock exhaust
          > > manifold is old and tired. also very thin and I am afraid it
          will
          > > fall apart soon.
        • William Lucke
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1 5:10 AM
            There's also www.diy-efi.org/gmecm
            There you'll find info on how to use a stock GM ECM to control your Caddy.
            It will take some editing of computer code, though.

            There was a rare fuel injection option for 472's/500's. If you found one of
            those manifolds, you could use port fuel injection instead of TBI.

            My dad has one of the manifolds and is modifying a Caddy distributor to
            accept the optical pickup from a '92-'97 LT1 optical distributor. Once
            that's done he'll be able to run the 500 with LT1 electronics, which can be
            reprogrammed with software here: www.carputing.com

            Will

            > From: "plugers <plugers@...>" <plugers@...>
            >Subject: Re: MPG improvements on BB Caddy
            >
            >If any of you are electronically inclined, try this group:

            >I have built one and will be using it on my 500 build up.
            >Steve
            >

            >--- In
            >Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "phoneman99a
            ><phoneman99a@y...>" <phoneman99a@y...> wrote:
            > > I would also like to know where to buy a throttle body EFI
            > > conversion to replace the Quad.
            > >
            > > Giles
            > >
            > > --- In
            >Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "sundyrse"
            > > <Sundyrse59@a...> wrote:
            > > > I can understand your need for fuel economy. In 1970, the BB
            > > really
            > > > came alive! taken from the corvette and put into the Eldo. what
            > > > dream. Pass anything EXCEPT a gas station. I own a '70 Eldo. and
            > > with
            > > > straight back exhaust, middle crossover and 2 1/2" pipes all the
            > > way
            > > > back with Calif. turbos in between. This dream car can easily
            > > cruise
            > > > 85 mph all day and not hesitate once. I have the stock Rochester
            > > quad-
            > > > jet carb. I can acheive 23 m.p.g. on freeway, and 17 m.p.g. in
            >the
            > > > cities. I am looking to better this. Where did you get your
            > > throttle
            > > > bore injection system and what about headers? the stock exhaust
            > > > manifold is old and tired. also very thin and I am afraid it
            >will
            > > > fall apart soon.
          • Karl Fisher Rarities (Switzerland)
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10 10:30 AM
              Dear Friends,

              My name is Prof. Karl Fisher from Fisher Rarities Ltd, located in
              Zermatt, Switzerland. We deal in many areas of antiques, including
              antique cars.

              We have recently purchased a nice antique automobile for our client, but
              he was not able to pay for him due to some his financial problems.

              We would be very interested to sell this really nice item on a discounted
              price:

              1931 Ford Model A 400 Convertible Sedan
              The Model A 400 is an extremely rare car; it was only manufactured in the
              year 1931.
              Its patterned after the Victoria which was introduced in 1930. The
              Victoria was a bustle-back 2-door sedan with a padded vinyl roof.
              In the 1931, the stylist decided to make the padded roof go down,
              so they put a retractable roof on the 2-door sedan,
              leaving the door posts and rear window posts intact. So as you look at the
              car, unlike a convertible sedan, this 2-door sedan has a complete door and a top
              and side posts on the windows and the door opening.

              During the Model A model run, which encompassed 4 years, Ford built over
              4 million Model A's. Of the Model A 400, less than 4000 were manufactured.
              Of those 4000, less than 400 remain today. This car is certainly a survivor,
              and a splendid example of one of the most desirable Model A's ever built,
              the Model A 400.

              It is equipped with dual side mounts, it has 6 new Firestone whitewall
              tires.
              Being a deluxe model, it has cowl lamps, and of course the famous aoogah
              horn.
              It also has a stone shield, quail radiator cap, dual door-mounted
              rear-view mirrors, dual tail lamps, a luggage rack in the rear, 4/1 piece bumper
              in the rear,
              since the dual side mounts are located in the fenders there's no need for
              the split rear bumper as most Model A's had. It sports genuine leather seats,
              when the car was first manufactured it used genuine leather seats.

              The car was originally sold new in the state of Arizona. It went to a
              collector in Colorado who gave it a complete frame-off restoration. From there,
              it went to a collector in Berlin, Germany and from there to
              Switzerland, where some improvements were made on it:
              Installed 5 seat belts and vintage-type turn signals that work uniquely - you
              turn them on and set them in a position to indicate either left or right turn.
              After you
              complete the turn you flip the arm one time and the turn signal cancels.

              In July 2002, this car was sold to our company and we are ready to sell it
              JUST for USD 29'100 with a FREE INSURED DELIVERY from Zermatt,
              Switzerland to the USA.

              We will be able to mail you 20 pictures of the car to you.

              Look forward for your answer,

              Sincerely yours,

              Prof. Karl Fisher
              Fisher's Rarities Ltd.