head decking

  • Michael Brehmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
      does anybody know how much deck can be safely removed from the head
      surface on the 72 472 heads so that compression can be increased,
      hopefully from the 8.5 stock ratio up to around 9 to 9.25 range?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2003
        Michael,
        I'd think .080+ would not be a problem. Note that you'll remove more
        combustion space by cutting the block [larger surface area than the
        chamber]. You should cut the deck to set the quench at .040" or so
        first. Cut the heads if you need to remove more.
        Dave