New Guy With 84 Eldorado Baritz Want's to do a BIG BLOCK SWAP!

  • linyartist
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hi, I have an 84 Eldorado Baritz(The small eldarado). I't has a 4.1
      liter v8 tbi. I was wondering if I can drop a big block in it like a
      500 and keep the tbi using the intake, throttle body,and cpu off
      another caddy with the 368 engine? I think the 368, 425, and 500 are
      basically the same block with different bore and stroke. And I know
      there was an 79 and 80 eldorado with a 368 and a throttle body. So
      If i want to do a big block swap why stop at 368 when I can have a
      500??!!! lol. I'm new to caddy, I have been into chevy's and have a
      worked up malibu and k5 balzer. But it's not as easy to find info on
      caddy like it is for chevy. I would allso apreate if somebody can
      send me some links to website or anything on working up this car.
      Thanks, Keith
    • michael brehmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
        hello,
        maximum torque specialities, they have kits to put
        the 500 into your k5 blazer if you wanted to. they are
        the caddy place. Mike
        --- linyartist <linyartist@...> wrote:
        > Hi, I have an 84 Eldorado Baritz(The small
        > eldarado). I't has a 4.1
        > liter v8 tbi. I was wondering if I can drop a big
        > block in it like a
        > 500 and keep the tbi using the intake, throttle
        > body,and cpu off
        > another caddy with the 368 engine? I think the 368,
        > 425, and 500 are
        > basically the same block with different bore and
        > stroke. And I know
        > there was an 79 and 80 eldorado with a 368 and a
        > throttle body. So
        > If i want to do a big block swap why stop at 368
        > when I can have a
        > 500??!!! lol. I'm new to caddy, I have been into
        > chevy's and have a
        > worked up malibu and k5 balzer. But it's not as easy
        > to find info on
        > caddy like it is for chevy. I would allso apreate if
        > somebody can
        > send me some links to website or anything on working
        > up this car.
        > Thanks, Keith

      • Janne, Sean PO3
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
          The 368 intake will bolt up, but the ports are different sizes. You can try
          and find a TB from a 75-76 500, but you will need to either get the intake
          with the port injectors, or have your intake drilled for injectors.

          Sean Janne
          2000 STS
          1979 Deville 472

          I've heard the 368 intake will bolt right on the 500. I wouldn't use the TBI
          from that motor though, considering the displacment, go with a Chevy 454
          TBI.

          As far as the ECM, I'd recommend going with a GM 1227747. These were used in
          late 80's-early 90's pickups, vans and minivans.

          Scott
        • Scott Pearson