Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] New SRX - do you think it is...

  • greg and marilyn gemmill
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2003
      Peter: Cadillac was the first high end, semi-affordable U.S. luxury car. By semi-affordable, I mean that most of the population could afford at least a used one at some time in their life. They have definitely changed their image in the last couple of years, appealing to the yuppie generation (with Led Zeppelin commercials). I think the line has improved with the new way of thinking as well. I've seen several of the newer cars, and SUV's and I'm impressed with the styling. They have built newer lines and ideas without sacrificing any of the class that they have been known for. I would go for a Caddy over a Lexus or Lincoln any day. As far as the size; I drive 60 miles of Interstate highway in Michigan and Indiana to work every day, and I've seen more of the large SUV's in the ditch when the snow flies than the smaller ones. I think it might be an operator thing. Many people I know who drive these things in the winter seem to think they are bullet-proof and end up off the road. Common sense goes along way. Hope I've helped. Good luck shopping.           Greg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2003
        Unless you actually NEED an SUV, perhaps 1% of SUV owners, you should never
        get one. There are enough idiots on the road, please not another!

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2003
          Hi, Peter
          You might want to get this months Car and Driver magazine. In it they test the SRX against the Touareg, Ceyanne, and Fx45 and the Caddy comes out on top. Cadillac has made great inroads into bringing up the capabilities of their cars to the level of european driving quality. The northstar motor is a jewel and the new edgy style is crisp and clean. I think you might enjoy the Cadillac experience. Hope this helps and have a great day

          Brad Stanley
          brad0069@...

          what's your opinion about Cadillac? I'm from Europe and I don't know
          the brand... As far as I know they are changing their image! Right?

          I'm going to buy an SUV, however I still can't decide whether to buy
          full-size SUV or go for something smaller like for example the new
          Cadillac SRX!
          Does anybody have a SRX, have you seen the new SRX on the street/in
          dealership? What do you think of it? The vehicle has a good press!
          Lexus has something similar, right?

          I don't know what other SUVs are in the class… Infininty Fx35/45,
          Volkswagen Touareg…

          As you can see I have more questions than answers! :(

          THANKS a lot for any opinions!!!
          Peter

          Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
          Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/lkiolB/TM