Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Allnate

  • THOMAS Patafio
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 4:54 AM
      thanks for the info...just want the car for pleasure...the prices around
      here go for a lot higher...the '90 allante w/75k miles was $11k, and the
      one with 45k miles was $17k, so i went for a 96 eldorado blk/blk, 48k miles
      for $14k and love it...

      Tim

      Thomas "Tim" Patafio patafio @...
      Staff Security Analyst IBMUSM00(PATAFIO)
      Armonk- Flight Ops- 8-641-5506 // 914-499-5506
      590 Madison Ave. 1B-14S-2, M/D 155 New CHQ

      "cody_g_carson"
      <uplink2jesus@hotmail To: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
      .com> cc:
      Subject: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Allnate
      08/03/2002 03:28 PM
      Please respond to
      Cadillac_Performance_
      Association

      I used to work at Parker Cadillac in Little Rock I think the year was
      1988. Anyway, the Allantes were always comming in about wind noise in
      the tops. It was a design flaw. I don't know if they fixed that
      problem by 1990 or not-if wind noise is not a big issue, go for it.
      The car is Itallian made, however, and parts will be SUPER HIGH. I
      wanted to put the Allante body on Corvette running gear-no cash for
      that project however. The Allante-I think- is a 9 second 0-60
      performer. The suspension is too soft in stock form for sporting
      events like autocross, and I'm not sure what suspension upgrades are
      available. If you are wanting it for pleaseure cruses, you will be
      happy, but if you want it as a hot rod or serious sport car, there is
      much improvement to be made and it will cost. make sure the engine is
      good in the one you are looking at, because I think you will spend at
      least $5,000 to get a new one.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "tim727us"
      <patafio@u...> wrote:
      > new member...just bought a 96 Eldorado...also looking at a 90
      Allante,