new guy question?

  • tcervi1028
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 24 6:48 AM
      How do I get to see any photos on this site? If I click on "photos" I
      get an ERROR MESSAGE,I`m I missing somthing?

      Thanks Tony.
    • Juan Ayon
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 24 9:24 AM
        Nope. Your all there Tony.
        Our account was restricted due to being over the 30 meg limit we
        were given. That's fixed now, so besides your computer trippin or
        something like that, you should have no problems looking at the
        pictures now. Hopefully we solved your problem.

        Juan
        70 CDV
      • John coen
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 24 12:46 PM

          Hello All. I have a 89 Fleetwood FWD. Everytime I turn the A/C on, it blows the A/C fuse after 10 sec or so. Is it the climate control comp or the Compresor?

          Compresor goes on (10 sec. and fuse is gone) and the fuse is the right one (25)

          Thanks

          JC

        • johnson kevin

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 25 6:58 AM
                    yeah but when the fuse blows, I lose power to the consol, Speedometer, Miles counter, A/C consol, all that. But radio is ok car runs ok, lights ok.
                    This only happends when I turn the A/C on. The heat or econo mode works fine. And I know that if the Climate Computer is bad I wouldn't be able to do anything.
                    I'll see what happends when I change the clutch/coil. If something else comes to your mind, let me know.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 25 5:54 PM
                      I never thought of that. Would I be able to see it from the top of the engine compartment? Or that's the very short cable on the compresor?

                      Chad <rx7351w@...> wrote:
                      Unplug the wire going to the coil.  If the fuse still blows its not he coil.  If it doesn't blow then the coil is bad.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 25 5:56 PM

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 25 6:09 PM
                          You will have to look from the bottom.  It will probably be a gray connector.  It will have 2 wires in it near the coil/belt.  If you need a new coil you will have to get a coil puller to take it off and put it back on.  I don't know what it looks like just know you need one.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 25 6:20 PM
                            Thanks for the info. I didn't know that you needed a special tool. not counting that you have to remove the tire and the plastic cover to get to it.