Re: Intro message/ Hearse

  • Bill?
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2003
      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
      Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
      > I should simplify my question. How can I get more horsepower out of
      > my '74 472? Is it feasable to stroke it with stock Caddy parts, and
      > can I raise the 220 HP to the '70 specs of 400 without going
      > overboard?"

      The only difference between the 472 and 500 is the stroke. you can
      change the crank and use 70' style pistons and heads to make it the
      same as stock 70' 500... You can also offset grind your 472 crank to
      use BBC rods... That will also put you close to 500 ci... The
      Edelbrock intake will raise your carb and add more power, but you may
      have hood clearance issues... Take a look around the MTS site to get
      some ideas of what you can do...

      http://www.500cid.com

      Also, the message/trade boards at this site is the reason that this
      group is here. Many people on this site have spent much time with
      these engines and putting these engines in various types of vehicles.

      http://www.500cid.com/mts/message.htm