Re: Intro message/ Hearse

  • Tommy Pierson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2003
      I should simplify my question. How can I get more horsepower out of
      my '74 472? Is it feasable to stroke it with stock Caddy parts, and
      can I raise the 220 HP to the '70 specs of 400 without going
      overboard?
    • Bill?
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2003
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
        Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
        > I should simplify my question. How can I get more horsepower out of
        > my '74 472? Is it feasable to stroke it with stock Caddy parts, and
        > can I raise the 220 HP to the '70 specs of 400 without going
        > overboard?"

        The only difference between the 472 and 500 is the stroke. you can
        change the crank and use 70' style pistons and heads to make it the
        same as stock 70' 500... You can also offset grind your 472 crank to
        use BBC rods... That will also put you close to 500 ci... The
        Edelbrock intake will raise your carb and add more power, but you may
        have hood clearance issues... Take a look around the MTS site to get
        some ideas of what you can do...

        http://www.500cid.com

        Also, the message/trade boards at this site is the reason that this
        group is here. Many people on this site have spent much time with
        these engines and putting these engines in various types of vehicles.

        http://www.500cid.com/mts/message.htm