Re: Intro message/ Hearse

  • zenishus
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18 4:17 PM
      the heads are the same if they're the same year.no need to change
      them.
    • Tommy Pierson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22 9:08 AM
        I should simplify my question. How can I get more horsepower out of
        my '74 472? Is it feasable to stroke it with stock Caddy parts, and
        can I raise the 220 HP to the '70 specs of 400 without going
        overboard?
      • Bill?
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23 11:56 AM
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy
          Pierson" <tompierson@s...> wrote:
          > I should simplify my question. How can I get more horsepower out of
          > my '74 472? Is it feasable to stroke it with stock Caddy parts, and
          > can I raise the 220 HP to the '70 specs of 400 without going
          > overboard?"

          The only difference between the 472 and 500 is the stroke. you can
          change the crank and use 70' style pistons and heads to make it the
          same as stock 70' 500... You can also offset grind your 472 crank to
          use BBC rods... That will also put you close to 500 ci... The
          Edelbrock intake will raise your carb and add more power, but you may
          have hood clearance issues... Take a look around the MTS site to get
          some ideas of what you can do...

          http://www.500cid.com

          Also, the message/trade boards at this site is the reason that this
          group is here. Many people on this site have spent much time with
          these engines and putting these engines in various types of vehicles.

          http://www.500cid.com/mts/message.htm