Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] 429 engine

  • bill lutzius
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
      What i would do is remove the valve covers and start
      it up.Then put your hand on each rocker to find the
      loose one.It will change its noise when you touch
      it.Then replace that rocker and push rod.
      --- Adam Bock <chevell27@...> wrote:
      > hi i have a 65 sedandeville with a 429 in it and i
      > was wondering if
      > anybody knows if the rocker arms are adjustable
      > ie... set valve lash
      > if not can you recomend an additive to the oil to
      > loosen up noisy
      > lifters

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Adam Bock
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
        ok thanx for the info but i already knew that i was just wondering
        if they were adjustable
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, bill

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
          No,it looks like they are on a shaft.I,m looking in my
          1965 motor book.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com