429 engine

  • Adam Bock
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
      hi i have a 65 sedandeville with a 429 in it and i was wondering if
      anybody knows if the rocker arms are adjustable ie... set valve lash
      if not can you recomend an additive to the oil to loosen up noisy
      lifters
    • bill lutzius
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
        What i would do is remove the valve covers and start
        it up.Then put your hand on each rocker to find the
        loose one.It will change its noise when you touch
        it.Then replace that rocker and push rod.
        --- Adam Bock <chevell27@...> wrote:
        > hi i have a 65 sedandeville with a 429 in it and i
        > was wondering if
        > anybody knows if the rocker arms are adjustable
        > ie... set valve lash
        > if not can you recomend an additive to the oil to
        > loosen up noisy
        > lifters

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Adam Bock
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
          ok thanx for the info but i already knew that i was just wondering
          if they were adjustable
          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, bill

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
            No,it looks like they are on a shaft.I,m looking in my
            1965 motor book.

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com