what cfm carb for 429

  • errol engelbrecht
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6 11:14 AM
      I got a edelbrock 600 on it now but was told it might be to small(
      going 40-50 at a steady speed it starts to surge) Any ideas? My shop
      manuel doesnt sat what the cfm`s are on the stock carbs
    • johnson kevin
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7 11:29 AM
        that carb is probably jetted for a small block chevy...you will need to re-jet the carb.

        errol engelbrecht <epengelbrecht@...> wrote:
        I got a edelbrock 600 on it now but was told it might be to small(
        going 40-50 at a steady speed it starts to surge) Any ideas? My shop
        manuel doesnt sat what the cfm`s are on the stock carbs

      • michael brehmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7 2:51 PM
          i think those stock carbs on the big engines are 875
          cfm quadrapukes.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com