Re: Great club/my project

  • evildudeprod
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2002
      Definately. My town is swarming with nearly identical fox-body
      mustangs with identical still unpainted useless cowl hoods and the
      same flowmaster exhaust.
      My car will be built to embarass these sort of people.
      The car is big and ugly, body and paint is a priority only after the
      engine and drivetrain is complete. It'll run a 3" single exhaust,
      and it'll look stock and ugly under the hood, and for the time being
      I'll use the factory filter housing, though fitted with a k&n unit.

      I plan on milling .030 off the heads, I've heard that will boost
      compression to 8.8-1? this is a '74 500 with HEI by the way. I plan
      on buying as much as I can from MTS, I own his tech guide and will
      get his catalog soon.

      -Travis

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "tremorj10"
      <JOEOILER@A...> wrote:
      > Travis,
      > Glad you haven't taken the Import or Mustang route that is so
      popular
      > with today's youth. Guess your friends thought you were nuts when
      > you mentioned "Cadillac" and "Performance" in the same sentence!
      >
      > There was a guy that posted a link on the MTS board on doing a G-
      body
      > conversion. Had lots of nice pics and tips. I lost the link but
      > maybe someone else still has it.
      >
      > You might want to think about milling the valve guide towers down
      > about .100" while you have the heads off. This will save you from
      > having to pull the heads again when you go with a bigger cam. I've
      > also seen a couple guys post that they just used a grinder.
      >
      > I also recommend buying your parts from MTS rather than PAW or some
      > other place. I know that MTS may be a bit higher in price but the
      > sales and tech people at these places know nothing about
      Cadillacs.
      > If you buy from MTS you can call Al and get answers from possibly
      the
      > best Caddy guy in the world. He'll also tailor your rebuild kit to
      > your particular needs. If we were talking about a 350 Chevy, I'd
      say
      > buy from whoever has the best price.
      >
      > Anyway, good luck with the project and keep us up to date.
      >
      > Joe Oiler
    • wildcatkit52
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2002
        I had a very similer experiance... I Bougt a 82 S-10 with a 305 in
        it, and it started knocking. I was about to find a 350 for it when I
        LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD OF THE '70 deville in my father's yard.
        Needles to say My friends and I have started the Cad-10 Project.
        after I ge the motor and the frame married, I will do the firewall
        modifications as needed before painting the body. I found out all my
        info for this motor on two different sites after looking it up with a
        search engine,(www.cad500parts.com and www.500cid.com) both of which
        have great info. Cad Company has a catalog that you can download. I
        will post pictures of the project as it goes. Good luck on yours!

        Wildcatkit52