from 250 (ht4100) to a 307 olds

  • solracghost
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      Does anybody know if it is possible to swap a 250 cid (ht4100) to a
      307 cid (5.0) olds using the same transmisson on the ht4100. And if
      i could do i need the starter of the olds engine or can i use the
      current one that i have. my car is a 84 coupe deville and i love it.
      (minus the ht4100 lol) thx.
    • kp5002002
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
        --- In
        Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "solracghost"
        <solracghost@y...> wrote:
        > Does anybody know if it is possible to swap a 250 cid (ht4100) to
        > 307 cid (5.0) olds using the same transmisson on the ht4100. And
        if
        > i could do i need the starter of the olds engine or can i use the
        > current one that i have. my car is a 84 coupe deville and i love
        it.
        > (minus the ht4100 lol) thx.
        Yes...it will bolt right up to the trans...You will need the 307
        flexplate...use 307 engine mounts/brackets...holes should be pre-
        drilled in the crossmember.