swapping 472 in 80z28

  • Michael Brehmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2003
      i just traded my 350 for a 71 deville with 472. I've read about it,
      heard about it, anybody got any ideas on where to start, 472 has
      170,000 miles, trans recently rebuilt. Is this a pretty good swap,
      it should have enough power, what mods to motor should be done
      before plug and play? any info will be greatly appreciated.
    • kp5002002
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2003
        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Michael
        Brehmer" <m_brehmer_2000@y...> wrote:
        > i just traded my 350 for a 71 deville with 472. I've read about
        it,
        > heard about it, anybody got any ideas on where to start, 472 has
        > 170,000 miles, trans recently rebuilt. Is this a pretty good swap,
        > it should have enough power, what mods to motor should be done
        > before plug and play? any info will be greatly appreciated.
        Cam and intake will really wake this engine up...it can handle
        a 150hp shot of nitrous in stock form if set up right...the stock
        fuel pump cannot handle the demands of nitrous...upgrade accordingly.