Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Digest Number 259

  • hottrod the man behind the wheel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2003
      If you ever need to set points on the spur of the
      moment, you can use a matchbook cover to set the
      points. If you use a micrometer, you will find that a
      matchbook cover measure .016 inch which is the setting
      recommended for points clearance (open) when the
      points set rubbing block is on a lobe of the
      distributor cam. You can always fine tune the dwell
      later with a meter.

      hottrod
      --- Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Cadillac 472
      > From: "Corey Harder"
      > <corey@...>
      > 2. Re: Cadillac 472
      > From: "david brode"
      > <dbrode@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:19:32 -0500
      > From: "Corey Harder" <corey@...>
      > Subject: Re: Cadillac 472
      >
      > We got the engine runnung, (by by-pasasing the fuel
      > pump) but the fuel pump obviously wasn't working,
      > and I couldn't find any good reference material to
      > tell me where the lines go.
      >
      > Corey

      === message truncated ===

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com