Re: Uploaded pix of my 1970 Eldorado

  • tremorj10
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      Sig,
      Very nice Eldo; wish I had it!

      What will the car be used for? I have a few ideas for the engine but
      they really depend on what you want the car to do.

      You' might want to think about the rods. Either massaged Caddy rods,
      Olds or aftermarket.
      Sounds like you are are on your way to a $4,500 engine. If you are
      already thinking about high-dollar pistons and maybe some money tied
      up in the rods, you might want to consider a stroker; you're alredy
      2/3 of the way there.

      If you let us know more about the car's intended use, maybe we can
      come up with some interesting ideas. Also, do you know how much the
      car weighs?

      Joe
    • sigvaldsen88
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
        Hey thanks for the compliments!, i actually never got to drive it or
        put it on the road as of yet, and i can't wait!!.
        It sat in a Museum of Automobiles in Arkansas for many years and all
        that sitting idle killed the engine so im having it redone.
        I wonder what it will be like when my modifications are complete!
        I will definitely post up more pix as i go, glad to bring you back
        down memory lane!

        Cadman88

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "cody_g_carson"

      • sigvaldsen88
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
          Whats up Joe,

          I am looking mainly for a pro-street setup, in other words something
          thunderous to tool around town with and occassionally embarass some
          rice-burner japcraps at the traffic lights. I likely would also stop
          down at the local track to get some 1/4 mile times.
          The car weighs 4630lbs, i am overextnding myself of this project way
          over what i expected to pay, but i do want it done right, won't have
          that extra few bucks to do the stroker thing, but this performance
          package should be plenty good!