Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: 472/500 in a motorhome

  • Tom McKenna
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2003
      Jim:  What kind of mileage did you get with the 455?  and you say "slightly modified" - can you elaborate on that??

      thanks

      Tom

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2003
        Tom,
        It was around 5-6 mpg on the Olds. The Cad gets a little bit better,
        but not much.
        The engine was upgraded to TRW forged pistons, with a mild
        aftermarket "RV" cam. It was balanced and blueprinted with
        the "usual" rebuilding machinework done to the heads, rods and
        block. Stock cast iron exhausts with 2 1/2 custom pipes back through
        flowmaster mufflers. It has the stock intake with a carter
        thermoquad.
        Jim

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "Tom
        McKenna" <TRAVELER@N...> wrote:
        > Jim: What kind of mileage did you get with the 455? and you
        say "slightly
        > modified" - can you elaborate on that??
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > Tom

        Lexmark
        > Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
        Canada.
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > .
      • Tom McKenna
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2003
          Thanks Jim - appreciate the information - I am considering putting one of these engines into my 3/4 ton pick-up that I use for car hauling.

          Kindest regards,

          Tom