Uploaded pix of my 1970 Eldorado

  • sigvaldsen88
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
      Check the photo album, as you can see the body is is very good
      condition with no rot!.

      I just pulled the engine and am having some modifications done, check
      out my modification list and let me know any suggestions on the
      project. I will upload more pix as the project progresses.

      1) I am reboring the cylinders .60 over which will make it a 518 CID
      i believe (I need to bore because of ridges on all the cylinders or
      else i would have chosen against it)

      2) I am buying 10.5 compression forged pistons, rods, and molly rings

      3) I am having my 76cc heads machined to pro-street specs and fitted
      with oversized valves.

      4) I am having stage II rockers with special pushrods

      5) I am having the intake manifold ported and polished to the best
      specs possible (As i cant slap an Edelbrook manifold without chopping
      the hood which i refuse to do!)

      6} I am keeping the quadra-jet carb and had it jetted and rebuilt to
      meet the requirments of the cam

      7) I am putting in a fairly beefy cam, a 300T s/s from Cadcompany

      8) I am also putting true dual 2 1/2" exhausts with flowmasters, i am
      keeping the original exhaust manifolds because there are no headers
      available for eldorados

      9)I am upgrading the system to HEI system

      10) I chopped out and did away with the A/C unit

      11) I am adding a ram-air box on the top of the carburetor to force
      some cool air in when im driving which kicks a little bit of power as
      well

      12) I am upgrading the oil & water pumps and adding gauges to the
      dashboard, chrome breathers and valve covers, all new gaskets, etc
      etc etc.

      Let me know what you think!!
    • tremorj10
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2002
        Sig,
        Very nice Eldo; wish I had it!

        What will the car be used for? I have a few ideas for the engine but
        they really depend on what you want the car to do.

        You' might want to think about the rods. Either massaged Caddy rods,
        Olds or aftermarket.
        Sounds like you are are on your way to a $4,500 engine. If you are
        already thinking about high-dollar pistons and maybe some money tied
        up in the rods, you might want to consider a stroker; you're alredy
        2/3 of the way there.

        If you let us know more about the car's intended use, maybe we can
        come up with some interesting ideas. Also, do you know how much the
        car weighs?

        Joe
      • sigvaldsen88
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
          Hey thanks for the compliments!, i actually never got to drive it or
          put it on the road as of yet, and i can't wait!!.
          It sat in a Museum of Automobiles in Arkansas for many years and all
          that sitting idle killed the engine so im having it redone.
          I wonder what it will be like when my modifications are complete!
          I will definitely post up more pix as i go, glad to bring you back
          down memory lane!

          Cadman88

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "cody_g_carson"

        • sigvaldsen88
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
            Whats up Joe,

            I am looking mainly for a pro-street setup, in other words something
            thunderous to tool around town with and occassionally embarass some
            rice-burner japcraps at the traffic lights. I likely would also stop
            down at the local track to get some 1/4 mile times.
            The car weighs 4630lbs, i am overextnding myself of this project way
            over what i expected to pay, but i do want it done right, won't have
            that extra few bucks to do the stroker thing, but this performance
            package should be plenty good!