Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Special Bodied car from the 50's

  • rustybottm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003

      Not an Allard, I had the pleasure of owning one a few years ago. This is a bigger car, plus construction is different than Allard.

      Daniel

      Doesn't look like an Allard to me. At least not the J2 which I think
      was the most common. They had open wheels with cycle fenders in the
      front.

      http://www.thomasspirit.com/allard.html

      There may be a later one with that body, but I don't know what it
      looked like.

      Brandon

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Al &Nona
      Evitts <albert@b...> wrote:
      >Daniel:  I think that car was known as a Cad Allard built by Briggs
      >Cunningham  for SCCA and  what later became Trans Am  racing.  I
      think
      >he later went to MOPAR power.
      >
      >FWIW   Al
      >
      >rustybottm@a... wrote:
      >

      >>Hi,
      >>
      >>I am looking for information on a Chrysler powered car that I
      have.

      >>Here is what I know.
      >>1. It was built by Joe Gertler of New York.
      >>2. It came with the rumor that it was built for Cunningham.
      >>3. Joe Gertler's Son tells me that it was Chrysler powered (he is
      >>digging for more photos).
      >>4. There was apparently a Magazine article written at the time.
      >>
      >>Below is are photos of the car being built in the early 1950's.
      >>

      >>If the photos are not visible or look like junk you can view them
      at
      >>the following webpage.
      >>http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/OldBody.htm
      >>
      >>Below is a link to photos of the body to give a better idea of
      its shape.
      >>http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/ItalianBody.htm
      >>
      >>Does anyone remember the car, or does anyone remember seeing the
      car
      >>in an article?
      >>

      >>Daniel
      >>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >>click here

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05126181:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>

      >>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service
      >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &Canada. Click Here!

      Click Here!