Re: Special Bodied car from the 50's

  • c322348
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Doesn't look like an Allard to me. At least not the J2 which I think
      was the most common. They had open wheels with cycle fenders in the
      front.

      http://www.thomasspirit.com/allard.html

      There may be a later one with that body, but I don't know what it
      looked like.

      Brandon

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, Al & Nona
      Evitts <albert@b...> wrote:
      > Daniel: I think that car was known as a Cad Allard built by Briggs
      > Cunningham for SCCA and what later became Trans Am racing. I
      think
      > he later went to MOPAR power.
      >
      > FWIW Al
      >
      > rustybottm@a... wrote:
      >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am looking for information on a Chrysler powered car that I
      have.

      > > Here is what I know.
      > > 1. It was built by Joe Gertler of New York.
      > > 2. It came with the rumor that it was built for Cunningham.
      > > 3. Joe Gertler's Son tells me that it was Chrysler powered (he is
      > > digging for more photos).
      > > 4. There was apparently a Magazine article written at the time.
      > >
      > > Below is are photos of the car being built in the early 1950's.
      > >

      > > If the photos are not visible or look like junk you can view them
      at
      > > the following webpage.
      > > http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/OldBody.htm
      > >
      > > Below is a link to photos of the body to give a better idea of
      its shape.
      > > http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/ItalianBody.htm
      > >
      > > Does anyone remember the car, or does anyone remember seeing the
      car
      > > in an article?
      > >

      > > Daniel
      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > click here

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
      05126181:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
      bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>

      Service
    • rustybottm@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2003

        Not an Allard, I had the pleasure of owning one a few years ago. This is a bigger car, plus construction is different than Allard.

        Daniel

        Evitts <albert@b...> wrote:
        >Daniel:  I think that car was known as a Cad Allard built by Briggs
        >Cunningham  for SCCA and  what later became Trans Am  racing.  I
        think
        >he later went to MOPAR power.
        >
        >FWIW   Al
        >
        >rustybottm@a... wrote:
        >

        >>Hi,
        >>
        >>I am looking for information on a Chrysler powered car that I
        have.

        >>Here is what I know.
        >>1. It was built by Joe Gertler of New York.
        >>2. It came with the rumor that it was built for Cunningham.
        >>3. Joe Gertler's Son tells me that it was Chrysler powered (he is
        >>digging for more photos).
        >>4. There was apparently a Magazine article written at the time.
        >>
        >>Below is are photos of the car being built in the early 1950's.
        >>

        >>If the photos are not visible or look like junk you can view them
        at
        >>the following webpage.
        >>http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/OldBody.htm
        >>
        >>Below is a link to photos of the body to give a better idea of
        its shape.
        >>http://www.danrapley.com/ItalianBody/ItalianBody.htm
        >>
        >>Does anyone remember the car, or does anyone remember seeing the
        car
        >>in an article?
        >>

        >>Daniel
        >>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >>click here

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
        05126181:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
        bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>

        >>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service
        >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

        Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &Canada. Click Here!

        Click Here!