Re: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Q-jet adjustments

  • bill lutzius
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      On the left is the throttle dashpot,on the right is
      the transmission downshift switch.The cadillac shop
      manual has info on this,its worth getting.With the
      dashpot seated ,put .030 feeler gauge between it and
      throttle.Loosen two mounting screws on switch.Put a
      .120 drill in hole in switch bracket thru to throttle
      to adjust switch so it comes on at 60% throttle.The
      dash pot keeps the car from stalling when you snap the
      throttle closed.The adjustment on the kick down switch
      controls when your car will kick down to low gear when
      you floor the gas getting on the freeway etc.

      http://www.electricclassics.com/deville/web/rightside.jpg

      http://sbc.yahoo.com