Re: Q-jet adjustments

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Markus,

      Left is a solenoid used to increase idle speed when AC is on.
      Some cars also used them to prevent dieseling. Right is the
      detent switch [passing gear].
      Dave

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "mroskothen"
      <mroskothen@y...> wrote:
      > Please take a look at the picture and tell me what the two 'things'
      > with question mark do and how to adjust them.
      > I couldn't find anything about them in my Haynes manual.
      >
      > http://www.electricclassics.com/deville/web/rightside.jpg
      >
      > Thanks
      > Markus Roskothen
      > '70 Coupe De Ville
      > Alameda
    • bill lutzius
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        On the left is the throttle dashpot,on the right is
        the transmission downshift switch.The cadillac shop
        manual has info on this,its worth getting.With the
        dashpot seated ,put .030 feeler gauge between it and
        throttle.Loosen two mounting screws on switch.Put a
        .120 drill in hole in switch bracket thru to throttle
        to adjust switch so it comes on at 60% throttle.The
        dash pot keeps the car from stalling when you snap the
        throttle closed.The adjustment on the kick down switch
        controls when your car will kick down to low gear when
        you floor the gas getting on the freeway etc.

        http://sbc.yahoo.com