Q-jet adjustments

  • mroskothen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
      Please take a look at the picture and tell me what the two 'things'
      with question mark do and how to adjust them.
      I couldn't find anything about them in my Haynes manual.

      http://www.electricclassics.com/deville/web/rightside.jpg

      Thanks
      Markus Roskothen
      '70 Coupe De Ville
      Alameda
    • chmorehead@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
        rm. The other possibility is it is a full throttle kickdown of some sort. Cheeers, Charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
          Markus,

          Left is a solenoid used to increase idle speed when AC is on.
          Some cars also used them to prevent dieseling. Right is the
          detent switch [passing gear].
          Dave

          --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "mroskothen"
          <mroskothen@y...> wrote:
          > Please take a look at the picture and tell me what the two 'things'
          > with question mark do and how to adjust them.
          > I couldn't find anything about them in my Haynes manual.
          >
          > http://www.electricclassics.com/deville/web/rightside.jpg
          >
          > Thanks
          > Markus Roskothen
          > '70 Coupe De Ville
          > Alameda
        • bill lutzius
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2003
            On the left is the throttle dashpot,on the right is
            the transmission downshift switch.The cadillac shop
            manual has info on this,its worth getting.With the
            dashpot seated ,put .030 feeler gauge between it and
            throttle.Loosen two mounting screws on switch.Put a
            .120 drill in hole in switch bracket thru to throttle
            to adjust switch so it comes on at 60% throttle.The
            dash pot keeps the car from stalling when you snap the
            throttle closed.The adjustment on the kick down switch
            controls when your car will kick down to low gear when
            you floor the gas getting on the freeway etc.

            http://sbc.yahoo.com