Allnate

  • tim727us
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29 5:48 AM
      new member...just bought a 96 Eldorado...also looking at a 90 Allante,
      2 roofs, $11,000...know nothing about the make except it is hot
      looking...would appreciate any pros or cons. Sorry if you see this
      more than once...have joined 8 caddy clubs and will post on all...
      thanks, tim
    • cody_g_carson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
        I used to work at Parker Cadillac in Little Rock I think the year was
        1988. Anyway, the Allantes were always comming in about wind noise in
        the tops. It was a design flaw. I don't know if they fixed that
        problem by 1990 or not-if wind noise is not a big issue, go for it.
        The car is Itallian made, however, and parts will be SUPER HIGH. I
        wanted to put the Allante body on Corvette running gear-no cash for
        that project however. The Allante-I think- is a 9 second 0-60
        performer. The suspension is too soft in stock form for sporting
        events like autocross, and I'm not sure what suspension upgrades are
        available. If you are wanting it for pleaseure cruses, you will be
        happy, but if you want it as a hot rod or serious sport car, there is
        much improvement to be made and it will cost. make sure the engine is
        good in the one you are looking at, because I think you will spend at
        least $5,000 to get a new one.

        --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@y..., "tim727us"
        <patafio@u...> wrote:
        > new member...just bought a 96 Eldorado...also looking at a 90
        Allante,
        > 2 roofs, $11,000...know nothing about the make except it is hot
        > looking...would appreciate any pros or cons. Sorry if you see this
        > more than once...have joined 8 caddy clubs and will post on all...
        > thanks, tim
      • THOMAS Patafio
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
          thanks for the info...just want the car for pleasure...the prices around
          here go for a lot higher...the '90 allante w/75k miles was $11k, and the
          one with 45k miles was $17k, so i went for a 96 eldorado blk/blk, 48k miles
          for $14k and love it...

          Tim

          Thomas "Tim" Patafio patafio @...
          Staff Security Analyst IBMUSM00(PATAFIO)
          Armonk- Flight Ops- 8-641-5506 // 914-499-5506
          590 Madison Ave. 1B-14S-2, M/D 155 New CHQ

          "cody_g_carson"
          <uplink2jesus@hotmail To: Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com
          .com> cc:
          Subject: [Cadillac_Performance_Association] Re: Allnate