Re: 472 knock when starting

  • the_punisher_454
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      I'm sure that this isnt youre problem, but I had this strange knock
      once that turned out to be loose torque converter bolts. I pulled a
      nice 455 Pontiac in My Trans-Am thinking it was a rod knock(evrybody
      else thought so too)turned out it was just the torque converter
      bolts. Always check this when trying to find the source of a knock
      that comes and goes depending on engine load.

      --- In Cadillac_Performance_Association@yahoogroups.com, "John Brody"
      <jbrody@z...> wrote:
      > If you replaced the timing set, did you use the original bolts?
      I've